NOTICE: Beginning January 1, 2020, Utah will no longer have reciprocity with any of the other 49 states.
This non-resident OHV permit cost is $30 and is good for 12 months from the time of purchase. If you order the permit online, there is an additional $5 charge.
Remember to bring:
• Proof of residency: driver’s license or other state-issued identification.
• Proof of ownership: title or current registration or bill of sale.

Owners of ATVs, off-highway motorcycles or snowmobiles, brought into Utah by non-residents, must obtain a non-resident permit for their machine.
The Non-resident OHV permit funds go directly back into our motorized recreational sport. The permits funds are directed toward trail construction, trail improvements, trail maintenance, OHV education, OHV facility development, and enforcement.To obtain a non-resident OHV permit, you must provide proof of out-of-state residency and that the OHV is not owned by a Utah resident.

To apply, go to Utah State Parks link below:

If you’d rather pick one up in person, please visit a authorized Utah State Parks vendor for face-to-face purchase at the following link: